What you guys think about The WEB3?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

Limbonite

TutFlixer
Sep 6, 2020
Not Known
Hi guys😃, It's been a long time we discussed the Internet. 🌐

So, If you know or working on these techs, Please share your experience
  1. Cryptocurrency - Eg. Trading Bot and Creating New Coin
  2. Blockchain
  3. Dapps - Eg. Best Course and Apps you Found or working on it and How to learn it
  4. NFT - Eg. Creating with what software or How to Generate One
  5. Defi - Eg. Working on Projects or Best Course to start
  6. Metaverse - Upcoming News or is it good or bad?!
If you think you can describe these concepts is also appreciated! 👏👏

Thank you and Welcome to Web3!

whyyor

TutFlixer
May 2, 2021
India
I don't know much but I have been trying to get into web3 and blockchain development. The problem with web3 and blockchain development is that the hype is real and the courses available on the internet are trash. But don't worry I will walk you through the courses I have done and rank them -

1. Superhi cyptocurrency development(it's available here)

2. Coursera blockchain specialization (it not really a project development course but it gives you nice knowledge about blockchain and how it works behind the scenes)

3. Youtube cryptopunks project by cleverprogrammer ( it not really based on web3 but it's based on thirdweb which provides easy api to talk to blockchain , it's hard to explain but it's good to have in your portfolio)

4. Udemy complete dapp solidity react - blockchain development (the thing is course is packed with stuff which he doesn't explain but till the end he keeps motivating you that you will get it later down the line)

5. DAPP university blockchain development bootcamp (meh it's trash)

So suppose now you have quite a bit of knowledge on how dapps work , how to build them. Now you wanna write better smart contracts and for that you can do DAPP 30 , just search it on tutflix you will find it. He will make and test 30 smart contracts which will give you better knowledge of smart contracts.

Final remarks - Do html css javascript and react before starting or you will have to suffer a lot to learn blockchain development. Everyone says that you don't need them but trust me , YOU DO!

crpdev

TutFlixer
Sep 18, 2020
India
Thanks @Limbonite for bringing this up here.

I've been exploring the blockchain/ web3 space for quite sometime and I find it fascinating.

I had spent the intitial days learning the tech from courses in Udemy, the ones I find worth are by Clarian North. There are courses from him on solidity and NFT and are good ones to start with.

Right now, I've narrowed my learnings from documentation and specific sites/ authors [EatTheBlocks/ Julien].

Web development is the foundation to get started working on blockchain/ web3, as you'll find it easy to quicky onboard into solidity and become a DApp developer.

I highly recommend SuperHi's courses on web tech and EatTheBlocks for core smart contract development.

Tutflix has really helped me save money on most of the courses, which I could not afford otherwise. Thanks to everyone behind Tutflix/ @TUTProfessor

Wish you the very best.

dikk

TutFlixer
Sep 8, 2020
eu
Frontend Masters has a course on it as well. Seems good to me. Named: "A tour of web 3 ethereum and smart contracts" (workshop)

hogwarts_dropout

TutFlixer
Dec 8, 2020
Mars
Looking at WEB3 right now feels more like looking at INTERNET in 1995...

I came to think about WEB3 from different perspectives (both from economic & Technical) but if you think about it the Internet as we know it started as just a way to send simple messages over networks then slowing things evolved to where we are today.

WEB3 promises great things and learning tools to build WEB3 tech is essential for any tech nerd.

Now coming to learning sources a lot of them are just trash... and this happens in every other tech specialization like Data Science, AI, Cloud etc...

My Experience in WEB3:

I have been closely following blockchain from early 2018 after the BUBBLE crashed. back then it was only about different blockchains & tokens.

Now we have whole new verticals in WEB3 space and things now are in a much better shape than previously and Ethereum is releasing v2.0 with a promise of exceeding transaction_count/second that of VISA network.

I have been investing my time in learning WEB3 and by setting a filter for resources no older than 2 years, I created a roadmap for myself.....

Capture.png

I have designed this roadmap according to my personal preferences of staying updated with changing tech and learning about practical applications in real-world..

My Advise (suggestions):

If you want to learn and build something in WEB3, I would suggest you to get familiar with the domain and try somethings randomly for short periods of time...then make a decision for yourself on what fits best for you. (Because no one in the world knows you better than your own Conscious self)

Then go ahead and make a list of things that can help you achieve your goal...

All the Best for your future endeavors.

Peace-out.

Last edited:

Nas Bhai

TutFlixer
Apr 5, 2021
Pluto

I came to think about WEB3 from different perspectives (both from economic & Technical) but if you think about it the Internet as we know it started as just a way to send simple messages over networks then slowing things evolved to where we are today.

WEB3 promises great things and learning tools to build WEB3 tech is essential for any tech nerd.

Now coming to learning sources a lot of them are just trash... and this happens in every other tech specialization like Data Science, AI, Cloud etc...

My Experience in WEB3:

I have been closely following blockchain from early 2018 after the BUBBLE crashed. back then it was only about different blockchains & tokens.

Now we have whole new verticals in WEB3 space and things now are in a much better shape than previously and Ethereum is releasing v2.0 with a promise of exceeding transaction_count/second that of VISA network.

I have been investing my time in learning WEB3 and by setting a filter for resources no older than 2 years, I created a roadmap for myself.....

QmWEMJaiWQwop748QDMYSpd85VhmyqSFrm8MWs6T5RfkAw

I have designed this roadmap according to my personal preferences of staying updated with changing tech and learning about practical applications in real-world..

My Advise (suggestions):

If you want to learn and build something in WEB3, I would suggest you to get familiar with the domain and try somethings randomly for short periods of time...then make a decision for yourself on what fits best for you. (Because no one in the world knows you better than your own Conscious self)

Peace-out.
dude can u share the picture. Its not loaded. I'm halfway through learning solidty.

Limbonite

TutFlixer
Sep 6, 2020
Not Known
I don't know much but I have been trying to get into web3 and blockchain development. The problem with web3 and blockchain development is that the hype is real and the courses available on the internet are trash. But don't worry I will walk you through the courses I have done and rank them -

2. Coursera blockchain specialization (it not really a project development course but it gives you nice knowledge about blockchain and how it works behind the scenes)

3. Youtube cryptopunks project by cleverprogrammer ( it not really based on web3 but it's based on thirdweb which provides easy api to talk to blockchain , it's hard to explain but it's good to have in your portfolio)

4. Udemy complete dapp solidity react - blockchain development (the thing is course is packed with stuff which he doesn't explain but till the end he keeps motivating you that you will get it later down the line)

So suppose now you have quite a bit of knowledge on how dapps work , how to build them. Now you wanna write better smart contracts and for that you can do DAPP 30 , just search it on tutflix you will find it. He will make and test 30 smart contracts which will give you better knowledge of smart contracts.

Final remarks - Do html css javascript and react before starting or you will have to suffer a lot to learn blockchain development. Everyone says that you don't need them but trust me , YOU DO!
Thank you for your brief explanation of courses and reviews, I will surely walk through these courses.

Reactions: whyyor

Limbonite

TutFlixer
Sep 6, 2020
Not Known

My Experience in WEB3:

Capture.png

My Advise (suggestions):

Peace-out.
This is a GEM, Thank you for the RoadMap!

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
sorry but useless , i hardly think , the concept of web3 has become very easy to understand , imagine web3 , it will work as a distributed ledger , the cyberattacks being waged won't even be known by anyone , a cyber offense can't even be traced and the need for web3 isn't even clearly stated :)

prince_singh

TutFlixer
Dec 4, 2020
planet
sorry but useless , i hardly think , the concept of web3 has become very easy to understand , imagine web3 , it will work as a distributed ledger , the cyberattacks being waged won't even be known by anyone , a cyber offense can't even be traced and the need for web3 isn't even clearly stated :)
yes, in this perspective that looks bad. but think about good things too. for example for whistleblowers. where governments can not block the information. and the dollar will become unstable in the future. crypto will help/

Limbonite

TutFlixer
Sep 6, 2020
Not Known
It's clear that the future of the internet is gonna be Anonymity and Freedom.

whyyor

TutFlixer
May 2, 2021
India
It's clear that the future of the internet is gonna be Anonymity and Freedom.
Let's hope it is because I have come too far in web3 to go back. Keep a backup plan if web3 is not the future our time will be wasted and we will need other skills to make money.

hogwarts_dropout

TutFlixer
Dec 8, 2020
Mars
Let's hope it is because I have come too far in web3 to go back. Keep a backup plan if web3 is not the future our time will be wasted and we will need other skills to make money.

A backup is always necessary but why not think WEB3 as a backup....

ohk...hear me out...

Every person here learning (or anticipating the future) about WEB3 has similar goals... To Develop applications in WEB3...

Think about WEB3 as just a layer on INTERNET.... Everything of WEB3 works on the either http, web sockets or any other internet protocols...

The things that have been working on internet are not going away any time soon..

Looking from a broad perspective : Strive to be a Full Stack Dev

Any WEB3 application that you build will need a Frontend, the only thing that's getting changed is how your frontend communicates with this new Blockchain based Backed....

Focus on being a good Application developer regardless of the technologies being used on both the ends....

you don't need to know everything.. I have been working on smart contracts of Ethereum for about 2 years now and I still don't understand Ethereum Virtual Machine completely and I think its okay.

I like to think about it this way:
I have been an application developer and always will be, the only thing that changes is the type of technologies that I use to build applications....

By thinking in this way, you don't get too attached to a technology because the only thing guaranteed in this field in CHANGE, and Change is Inevitable.

"during a gold rush, sell shovels"

Coming to WEB3, now their is a lot of demand for people with these skills and only time can tell where this trend will lead us....

By focusing on building applications using these WEB3 skills can help you achieve your ambitions or any other monetary goals and if things go south in future, Their is no shortage of new technologies to work on. So, Cheers...

That's all from my side.

Peace-out.

pl0x

TutFlixer
Apr 14, 2021
US

1. Superhi isn't good at all.
4. This course has good info but is outdated.
5. DAPP university is definitely trash. His course is outdated.

So far I am using free options like Point.gg, Cadena.dev, and Web.University.
Eattheblocks is good but we have no rips yet but his free youtube videos are good.

whyyor

TutFlixer
May 2, 2021
India
A backup is always necessary but why not think WEB3 as a backup....

ohk...hear me out...

Every person here learning (or anticipating the future) about WEB3 has similar goals... To Develop applications in WEB3...

Think about WEB3 as just a layer on INTERNET.... Everything of WEB3 works on the either http, web sockets or any other internet protocols...

The things that have been working on internet are not going away any time soon..

Looking from a broad perspective : Strive to be a Full Stack Dev

Any WEB3 application that you build will need a Frontend, the only thing that's getting changed is how your frontend communicates with this new Blockchain based Backed....

Focus on being a good Application developer regardless of the technologies being used on both the ends....

you don't need to know everything.. I have been working on smart contracts of Ethereum for about 2 years now and I still don't understand Ethereum Virtual Machine completely and I think its okay.

I like to think about it this way:
I have been an application developer and always will be
, the only thing that changes is the type of technologies that I use to build applications....

By thinking in this way, you don't get too attached to a technology because the only thing guaranteed in this field in CHANGE, and Change is Inevitable.

"during a gold rush, sell shovels"

Coming to WEB3, now their is a lot of demand for people with these skills and only time can tell where this trend will lead us....

By focusing on building applications using these WEB3 skills can help you achieve your ambitions or any other monetary goals and if things go south in future, Their is no shortage of new technologies to work on. So, Cheers...

That's all from my side.

Peace-out.
Thanks for the reply. I think now I know what to do next!

Reactions: hogwarts_dropout

whyyor

TutFlixer
May 2, 2021
India

Eattheblocks is good but we have no rips yet but his free youtube videos are good.
These are totally subjective, for me they are good but to others they might be trash but I will surely try the websites you mentioned.

whyyor

TutFlixer
May 2, 2021
India

I tried looking for the wesites you mentioned but was only able to find cadena.dev. If it's not a problem then can you provide url of point.gg and web.university.

Latest resources