What do you listen to whilst coding? Long time tinnitus sufferer!

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

theLearnerMan

TutFlixer
Oct 2, 2020
USA
Hey folks,

Genuinely interested - I have suffered with tinnitus and I always need some form of music and or white / brown noise to keep me from going mad from the tinnitus sounds.

I love classical and that is normally my go to but I come full circle and started to listen to drum and base:

I would love to know what other devs listen to and maybe you could suggest something new for me and the everyone here?

Cheers,

TLM :)

ssbsvvv

TutFlixer
Aug 24, 2023
Germany
I usually listen to math rock. In the likes of Yvette Young, Toe, Plini, Sithu Aye, Polyphia and more. This is when I know what needs to be done, something like deep work of sorts.
If I want to do some creative tasks, like a spike where I know in a vague manner what is the end goal, but I'm sitting and exploring the codebase for options, I go with heavy metal in the likes of nwbhm

overchip

TutFlixer
Mar 16, 2022
Over the clouds
I like to listen to ambient music (like Brian Eno) or IDM (Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Tycho, etc.) while coding.

I usually listen to math rock. In the likes of Yvette Young, Toe, Plini, Sithu Aye, Polyphia and more. This is when I know what needs to be done, something like deep work of sorts.
If I want to do some creative tasks, like a spike where I know in a vague manner what is the end goal, but I'm sitting and exploring the codebase for options, I go with heavy metal in the likes of nwbhm
Awesome, love me some Toe and Polyphia.

Latest resources