Help with Operation Research/Optimization

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

lottio

TutFlixer
Jan 18, 2021
Earthian
Hi tutflixer,
for the past two weeks i have been depressed and sick because of my thesis. My thesis is about VRP with time windows, i solved it with Lingo.
I have tried various ways ranging from changing the mathematical model, moving to gurobi, clustering. But all those ideas seems doesn't work. My nodes are just like at max 17 nodes (after clustering) and still not get the solution. I have been running it for like 10 hours. I find it suspicious as when i comment that time windows constraint, the solution comes under 1 minutes. Does anyone can help me how to get the optimal solution? Thanks for the time and have a nice day :)

lottio

TutFlixer
Jan 18, 2021
Earthian
Hi tutflixer,
for the past two weeks i have been depressed and sick because of my thesis. My thesis is about VRP with time windows, i solved it with Lingo.
I have tried various ways ranging from changing the mathematical model, moving to gurobi, clustering. But all those ideas seems doesn't work. My nodes are just like at max 17 nodes (after clustering) and still not get the solution. I have been running it for like 10 hours. I find it suspicious as when i comment that time windows constraint, the solution comes under 1 minutes. Does anyone can help me how to get the optimal solution? Thanks for the time and have a nice day :)
it's funny when i tried using simple dummy datas, with 10 nodes, the solver can get the solution under 1 mins, but when i change to real datas, with the same quantity for the nodes. Even for 3 hours, it still keep running. I think it have to do with capacity and time windows constraint. Can somebody please save me :( ?

Latest resources