HELP: Road map for Animator

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

CARBANN

TutFlixer
Dec 23, 2020
INDIA
if someone wants to an animator,what is the road map for him/her.like from mere lost to a pro animAtor
?

CARBANN

TutFlixer
Dec 23, 2020
INDIA
both.
actuAlly i'm still not sure in which i had interest so i'm willing to try very thing from scrath

robinchauhan1

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
India
1st Learn photoshop or illustrator once you learned, all adobe family is almost similar.
then you are ready to do something.
2nd learn After effect
3rd Character animator or adobe animate and for 3d you can go with Cinema 4d, Blender, Maya.
Choose any.

Imp. to learn how to design. suggestion Start with illustrator

infinity0

TutFlixer
Jan 2, 2021
India
I'm a beginner too but i'll suggest you few things.
1. Pick a lane. There are lots of fields in just Animation. You came to animation because you had something in mind. What is it?
There's 2D animation, 3D animation then there's Character Animation, VFX etc. A lot of people do 3D from 2D too(sketches as reference).

2. Don't dip your hands in every software available. Pick 2 or3. Blender is free and there are many tutorials on Youtube however there are more 3d modeling tutorials than animation on Youtube. (However this is important because when you're stuck in the middle of a project and need guidance, you'll surely find a solution from Blender google searches as the software is free). Else you can join that software's community discord.

3. If you're into rigging don't spend a lot of time in just modeling. No one is perfect and you shouldn't be either.

Latest resources