CodeWithMosh - Mastering JavaScript Unit Testing

CodeWithMosh - Mastering JavaScript Unit Testing

Register & Get access to index

Satoru Gojo

Uploader
Jun 6, 2022
Satoru Gojo submitted a new resource:

CodeWithMosh - Mastering JavaScript Unit Testing - A comprehensive, beginner-friendly guide covering everything from the basics to advanced techniques

mastering-javascript-unit-testing.jpg

A comprehensive, beginner-friendly guide covering everything from the basics to advanced techniques

Clear. Concise. Comprehensive.​

Tired of piecing together disconnected tutorials or dealing with rambling, confusing instructors? This course is for you! It's perfectly structured into a series of bite-sized, easy-to-follow videos that cover both theory and practice.

What You'll...​

Read more about this resource...

adesugbaa

TutFlixer
Mar 18, 2021
USA
Thanks but the zipped file has errors when extracting on MacOS. Not sure if this is common for others.

Satoru Gojo

Uploader
Jun 6, 2022
Thanks but the zipped file has errors when extracting on MacOS. Not sure if this is common for others.
it's common for some environments, you can use 7zip, Winrar, i usually zip with WinRAR command line on Linux

if all files are ok & present its a successful extract, check from source if all are same

adesugbaa

TutFlixer
Mar 18, 2021
USA
Thanks. I tried winrar, 7zip and 2 other macOS extract utils. They all fail on the same 12 files - I think there is special characters in the file name 😢😢

ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./12- Exercise￾ Parameterized Tests.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./15- Exercise￾ Testing a Stack.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./7- Exercise￾ Testing validateUserInput.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./10- Exercise￾ Testing canDrive.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./5- Exercise￾ Testing getCoupons.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./9- Exercise￾ Testing isValidUsername.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./7- Exercise￾ Testing fizzBuzz.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./9- Exercise￾ Testing Factorial.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./5- Exercise￾ Testing getShippingInfo.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./13- Exercise￾ Testing getDiscount.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./7- Exercise￾ Testing submitOrder.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./3- Exercise￾ Working with Mock Functions.mp4

Thanks for everything - much appreciated.

tauhid-ahmed

TutFlixer
Jan 17, 2021
Bangladesh
Thanks. I tried winrar, 7zip and 2 other macOS extract utils. They all fail on the same 12 files - I think there is special characters in the file name 😢😢

ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./12- Exercise￾ Parameterized Tests.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./15- Exercise￾ Testing a Stack.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./7- Exercise￾ Testing validateUserInput.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./10- Exercise￾ Testing canDrive.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./5- Exercise￾ Testing getCoupons.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./9- Exercise￾ Testing isValidUsername.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./7- Exercise￾ Testing fizzBuzz.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./9- Exercise￾ Testing Factorial.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./5- Exercise￾ Testing getShippingInfo.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./13- Exercise￾ Testing getDiscount.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./7- Exercise￾ Testing submitOrder.mp4
ERROR: Cannot open output file : errno=92 : Illegal byte sequence : ./3- Exercise￾ Working with Mock Functions.mp4

same problem here

Satoru Gojo

Uploader
Jun 6, 2022

Given the error messages you're encountering when trying to extract zip files on macOS, it appears the issue is related to the encoding of filenames within the zip archives, particularly when they contain non-ASCII characters. This problem is not uncommon on macOS due to differences in how macOS and other operating systems handle character encodings in filenames.

To resolve this issue, you have several options:

1. Use the ditto Command: The ditto command is known to be more resilient when handling files with Unicode characters in their names. You can use it to extract your zip files by running the following command in the Terminal:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Replace path_to_zip_file with the path to your zip file and destination_folder with the path to the folder where you want the contents to be extracted [3].

2. Use the unzip Command with Charset Options: If your version of unzip supports it, you can specify the character encoding of the archive's filenames using the -I option. For example, if the filenames are encoded in ISO-8859-1, you can use:
Code:
However, this option might not be available in all versions of unzip [1].

3. Use a Third-Party Application: Applications like Keka (donationware) or BetterZip (paid) are known to handle various encoding issues more gracefully than the built-in macOS utilities. You can try extracting your zip files using one of these applications [3].

4. Change System Locale Settings: Although not directly mentioned in the sources, changing the system locale to use UTF-8 encoding can sometimes resolve these issues. This can be done by setting environment variables (LC_ALL, LANG) to en_US.UTF-8 in your shell configuration file (e.g., ~/.bash_profile or ~/.zshrc).

5. Use the open Command: As a simpler workaround, you can try using the open command to extract the zip file, which internally calls a macOS utility that may handle the encoding better:
Code:
This method is mentioned as a potential solution for handling files with Unicode characters [4].

If you're still encountering issues after trying these solutions, it may be worth checking if there are updates available for your macOS or considering reaching out to Apple Support or the developers of the third-party applications for further assistance.

Citations:
[1]
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

[2]

[3]

[4] https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comments/13mar2o [5]

[6]

[7]

[8]

[9]

[10]

alain.nicolas

TutFlixer
Oct 12, 2020
Web Development

I had the same issue on macOS.
Apparently something is going on with the exercise files inside .rar as they have some weird white space/special characters between Exercise and Testing/Working/Parameterized words

E.g
Exercise: Testing fizzBuzz.mp4

How I manage to fix it?
I converted the .rar to .zip, and I could extract everything without any issues using .zip format.

You can use a free tool to convert .rar to zip

Hope it helps!

anzart

TutFlixer
Jan 23, 2022
france

same for me…

Latest resources