Suggestion: Make a guideline or instruction for adding resources

What to follow while posting thread on this section

• Posting Guidelines:
    1. Share your suggestions, feedback, or any issues you're experiencing on the forum.

2. Avoid posting about course uploads or course-related problems (e.g., download/update).

3. Your post will undergo moderation before appearing, so be patient if it doesn't show up immediately.

octrhiumlofera

TutFlixer
Sep 9, 2020
Indonesia
I recently noticed that we (non-admins) can now upload/add resources. However, I’m still not sure how to go through the steps correctly (the form is a bit too long, in my opinion) + there is no way to tell what kind of content and which hosting sites will be approved by the staff. Also, some resources page created by outside the admin still lacks necessary information such as course description and link to the official page — I had to search on Google or DuckDuckGo to make sure that resource I’m attempting to download is really the content I’m looking for.

This could be just me being nitpicky, but I really want to make sure every process — either uploading or downloading — is both streamlined and convenient. Adding another thread on Community > User Guides & Rules that resolves this matter would be nice.

octrhiumlofera

TutFlixer
Sep 9, 2020
Indonesia
@TUTProfessor I’m giving some suggestion of what can be stated in your upcoming guide. In fact, these following questions are what I’ve had in mind:
  • Can resource providers make the download link redirects to ads first (such as Linkvertise and adf.ly), then eventually to the resource download page?
  • Can we add some password to the file, which in turn that password has to be stated on resource page?
  • Is it okay if the downloaded file is just a text (hosted on Pastebin.com or direct download) containing another or multiple links?
  • Are torrent links accepted?
  • What kind of file can be attached directly to the resource page or TutFlix server as attachment? What about file size limit?
  • What kind of consequences when the link is broken? Are we still able to provide another working link?
  • If we attempt to edit the resource page or replace the download link, does it have to wait to be approved by staff again?
In addition, I think it’s a good idea to provide a template (not necessarily restrictions) for proper creation of resource pages. My recommendation is to have at least a paragraph of course description and/or link to the official page. An info regarding the hosting site (could be just a name: MEGA, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) where the resource is provided should also be mandatory.

Last but not least, good luck with your guide creation. 😇

Update: Just tried the form and I managed to fill in while figuring out the purpose of every field except one: “Extra Resources”. In what case is that used for?

Last edited:

Latest resources