Suggestion For New Forum Sections

What to follow while posting thread on this section

• Posting Guidelines:
    1. Share your suggestions, feedback, or any issues you're experiencing on the forum.

2. Avoid posting about course uploads or course-related problems (e.g., download/update).

3. Your post will undergo moderation before appearing, so be patient if it doesn't show up immediately.

CEO

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
TutFlixer
Sep 10, 2020
USA
Cheers! More new sections coming soon in community such as,
  1. Course suggestions/Recommendations
  2. Tips & Tricks
Post your suggestions also below for anything new if you wish to see!

What sections you want :
How its helpful:

nshimiyee311

TutFlixer
Nov 13, 2020
Rwanda
Opportunities section would be amazing. This would help people in this forum share many opportunities all around.

For example: a website offering pro membership for free for a limited time, this kind of opportunity could be shared here

vainilla09

TutFlixer
Jan 26, 2021
Argentina
I think Course suggestions/Recommendations is what we really need. There is a lot of stuff already for some common target (learning JS, etc), and I think that the experience of users, people who are working, have more experience is more than grateful. Most of us who are here learn using the courses (or books) that are provided here, but in the face of so much offer and so much variety in quality it can be intimidating. For this reason, it would be very good if anyone could contribute their knowledge to select the best path, and serve as a guide, since they surely tried different courses, and faced the same problems in the past.

A section would be great to help with regards to work, job offers that you have seen on Twitter (or in job boards), maybe someone here needs someone with a certain specialty in some technology, etc. And also very important, to be able to expose our portfolio or CV, and get feedback from the community. We could share interview experiences, because it went well for us, because it went badly, etc.

JennyJoy

TutFlixer
Apr 9, 2021
Internet
Proven money making techniques using the internet. Kinda off topic, but it would be nice to have I guess?
Example, alternative platforms in freelancing or creating small websites that generate passive income through ads.
It's nice if we can have a discussion to meet the experienced to share tips that really work and the interested newbies to ask questions.

kickbuttowski

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
India
Figuring out the trash from the good ones. What I mean by that is, we can easily stop caring about 90% of the course posted here. For example, there are tons of courses being posted here
about learning javascript, css and other webdev stuff. Most of them are trash. They are long,
boring and outdated. Instead, I would focus on taking courses from reputed instructors.

Some of the instructors worth knowing if you are in webdev space:
1. Wes Bos
2. Scott Tolinski
3. Brad Traversy
4. Stephen Grider
5. Maximilian
6. Andrew Mead
7. Kevin Powell
8. Nomad Coders
9. Code with Mosh
10. Kent C Dodds

If you are preparing for interviews, I really like algoexpert. You mileage may vary.

So what I am saying is that, we need to stop consuming trash and intake good ones and start
producing content. For every course that you take, you need output something meaningful, have
it on github, showoff to people. Once you finished the course, you need to read the official
documentation to further develop better understanding of the provided API.

How can we achieve this by having a flag on course saying that this course is worth taking or
something like that.

JennyJoy

TutFlixer
Apr 9, 2021
Internet
I agree, need to add some form of course experience feedback system.

With regards to instructors, here are my thoughts:

- Brad Traversy is great at simplifying things (his courses are concentrated to what only matters)
- Jose Portilla is great at explaining basics (on python)
- Stephen Grider is great at explaining complex topics (i like his diagrams)

The rest, I don't like... I'm kind picky in terms of how they explain and present the course.

Takeshi Kovach

TutFlixer
Sep 19, 2020
India
Cheers! More new sections coming soon in community such as,
  1. Course suggestions/Recommendations
  2. Tips & Tricks
Post your suggestions also below for anything new if you wish to see!

What sections you want :
How its helpful:

My suggestion is that, it will be great there will be NEW section regarding courses for "DATING/SEDUCTION" knowledge.
This is also an important area of everyone life where we can focus and build better relationships with people.

Reactions: vainilla09

vainilla09

TutFlixer
Jan 26, 2021
Argentina
Please, could you put the weight of the course in the description (overview)? Because with the new system, which is a bit more complicated, it helps to know if the user left something without downloading.

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Example criteria list on which recommendations can be based :
  • Depth of the subject matter?
  • How was the course organized?
  • Did the course instructor make you feel dumb or did he/she make you feel smart?
  • Is the actual price of course justified?
  • Any good projects involved?
  • Anything that post completion you can show on your resume/portfolio?
  • Outdated or up-to-date?
  • Will you recommend it to intermediate/advanced learners in the field?
  • Will you recommend it to absolute beginners in the field?
  • Better experiences with some other course?

Reactions: CEO

CEO

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish
TutFlixer
Sep 10, 2020
USA
Those category of courses are restricted here!

Latest resources