NEED HELP REGARDING UI AND UX DESIGN

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

NytmarE

TutFlixer
Jan 9, 2021
Canada
Greetings, fellow tutflixers !
I want to learn UI and UX designing. But I am overwhelmed by the ocean of courses available. Therefore I need help from you people to suggest me the best courses to learn UI and UX in Figma.
Any help from senior UX or UI designers will be appreciated
Thanks in advance.

flux.j

TutFlixer
Oct 18, 2020
Amrika
Any help from senior UX or UI designers will be appreciated

I'm not a senior designer, I've recently started. Here's what I did/doing:

Books:
Don't Make me Think, The design of everyday things, Refactoring UI.

I picked up Adobe XD on my own due to some Photoshop knowledge. Also, the interface is quite simple.

Currently, I'm looking into Figma: some extra layout options make it a better choice than XD. I tried the course by Zero to Mastery. It's more about product design than just UI- I have obtained that from books, I just need Figma. It wasn't a good fit for me.

Next, I'm looking into is Learn Figma: User Interface Design Essentials - UI/UX Design by Arash Ahadzadeh. I think it has better content on the Figma part compared to The Complete Figma Course – Designing Mobile & Web App UI/UX by Nima Tahami, which I was considering earlier (and is highest rated).

If you've tried neither of XD or Figma - go with Figma. If you use PS or AI - you already know 70% XD.

Udacity has a course on Product Design - it's on my mind. It's a short course (2/3 days to a week), but I haven't gone into details.

It's not much about the tools, it's about understanding users and the philosophy behind the brand.
Now, I feel confident about design philosophy, color, typography. I'm wireframing my own site for a redesign.

I hope that helps.
Good luck. 😊

• Love
Reactions: NytmarE

NytmarE

TutFlixer
Jan 9, 2021
Canada
Thanks for your recommendations!
I am starting out with Figma and will sure be taking these courses. Wish you good luck on your journey. ❤

Latest resources