Need help for building a code editor like hackerrank in typescript

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

anor4kk

TutFlixer
Sep 30, 2020
india
Hello everyone..I hope everyone is well . I need help from all of you awesome devs to build a code editor like that you found in
competitive coding sites with tests and timers etc. But I don't know how do I go about it..if anyone knows any resources or have similar experience of building something like that ..please let me know..you will be doing a huge favour..

thank you everyone... 🙏

Reactions: tourist

hellraiser98

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
India
Check out Code4startup's course on building a collaborative editor & real-time video call using Node.Js, that'll give you a brief idea on what needs to be done and what not.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Also, check out Clement's video on how he created Alg03xp3rt's front end and back end on Youtube.

Also, I feel like this is a HUGE project in itself, and this is one of the reasons why these companies have sort of huge teams in order to implement projects which can scale on a size like Hackerearth / Hackerrank / Codechef / LC.

Hope this helps.

hellraiser98

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
India
Also, Clement has mentioned that he used specifically Typescript in order to create Alg03xp3rt. So, a plus one to that.

Reactions: anor4kk

flamingass

TutFlixer
Jan 13, 2021
localghost
I don't have much to offer in terms of resource recommendations. Other experienced devs will surely help you in that matter. If you're doing it to learn(like clone-coding), its pretty great!

But be cautious if you end up productionizing your app that supports code execution. It's like heaven for hackers with such an easy surface exposed for attack. You'll need serious pentesting before going live.

Reactions: anor4kk

anor4kk

TutFlixer
Sep 30, 2020
india
yes..brother...am aware of that..
it will be done basically as a assignment..for a bootcamp...just for fun side project types..
Not looking anything more than that...

Latest resources