MEGA THREAD: CORE JAVA

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

a_dev

TutFlixer
Sep 22, 2020
india

I would like to make this a mega thread - One spot to learn everything about core Java

List down the most amazing resources you know to learn core Java

So, I request everyone who have learnt or learning Java to list down the best resources you have come across, online or offline. It can be a book, YouTube channel, udemy course or any other course, or a web site or a blog.

It would be clear If you can follow the following format:--

• Resource Name:
  • Resource Link:
  • What did you like in this resource:

Try to elaborate the third point in the above format. This helps the reader to get more information. You can explain things like, good vocabulary, good video production, code explaination,....
For example, if you have found in a resource that a complex concept is explained in a simple and brilliant way, try to explain it here, or atleat specify.

You can explain anything related to core Java. You can post a tricky question and let others anwer it, you can ask a conception question. List down the question you were asked in an interview. You can also make use of this thread by asking techincal question and clarify your doubts.

If you have any idea to improve this MEGA THREAD, do let me know, I'll edit it here.
Happy Learning

Ceaseless

Staff member
TutFlixer
Sep 6, 2020
India
For me this is the one of the best books for beginners learning java.

Introduction to Java Programming and Data Structures, Comprehensive Version, 12th Edition by Y. Daniel Liang​

Reactions: a_dev

rishu2022

Invest if you can afford it. Always.😎
TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Free and Introductory. These are 4 playlists that cover a wide range of Java topics in a way that beginners can grasp. None of these are super-duper comprehensive, but they are very clear, and will get you started in the world of java. :

Bill Barnum has quite a few Java specific playlists on his channel, and they cover the concepts really well:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Mike Dane covers only the few fundamental topics that'll be present in any java course, but he covers they quickly and with clarity:

Udacity's Java playlist is mostly free. One of the instructors is Cay Horstmann and he explain certains things very well:

Alex Lee (check out other Java playlists from his channel as well, explains things really well):

Leetcode problems in Java:

Last edited:

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Reactions: a_dev

rishu2022

TutFlixer
Oct 6, 2020
Google
Data Structures in Java:
Opendatastructures:

Data Structures in Java (online book - Think Data Structures):

Algorithms in Java:
Visualizing Algorithms: Visualgo website

Non-free Books :
Data Structures and Algorithms in Java by Robert Lafore
Data Structures and Algorithms in Java by Michael T. Goodrich, Roberto Tamassia
CLRS (or) Algorithms (fourth edition of Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne’s Algorithms)
Head First Java
Elements of Programming Interviews in Java

Last edited:

Latest resources