I need advice on my learning path

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

kubidik13

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
turkey
Hello i have been studying. js, ts, react, node, postgres and mongo for a while now. i can create apps but i have no experience with deployment (production) etc. Im studying web sockets atm. After that i want to learn more about docker. But i realize i lack the knowledge of OOP. i know the basics and some patterns but i dont feel comfortable because generally i dont use them at all. should i learn c# after all these or what is your recommendation?

Thank you.

void0error

❤️ TUTFLIX ❤️
TutFlixer
Dec 22, 2020
Planet Earth
You can learn OOP, in JavaScript as well. So my suggestion would be, instead of jumping from technology one to one. Stick to one. Make familiar. And practice and move on.

Anyway, learning other languages is cool.

callmejauhari

TutFlixer
Jan 4, 2021
Yogyakarta
1. Choose stack technology. And focus on it. e.g., I choose C++, MySQL, Redis, Catch2, Travis CI, and Qt.
2. Learn fundamental. e.g., I learn about memory management, POSIX, basic of the database, basic CI/CD, Networking, and UI/UX design

Nb: If you know the fundamentals, you can learn anything. I learn OOP from C++; I can implement OOP easily for python and java.

Reactions: Bett013

Bett013

TutFlixer
Apr 6, 2021
Brazil
What courses do you recommend that you think that is the best for learn databases? e.g The fundamentals + MySQL, Postgres and MongoDB.

callmejauhari

TutFlixer
Jan 4, 2021
Yogyakarta
Just pick tools do you like. but if you want to learn about fundamentals.. learn about the relational and non-relational databases. e.g., MySQL / SQLite and MongoDB / Redis,

callmejauhari

TutFlixer
Jan 4, 2021
Yogyakarta
Course: Fundamental Computer Science (Coursera, MIT Online Course, edX, etc.), Programming Language (CodeWithMosh, Angela Yu, Pluralsight, Udemy, etc.), Another Tech Courses (GeeksforGeeks, Prepbytes, Coding Ninja, Tech with Nana, etc), Personal Development (James Clear, Robin Sharma, etc.).

Reactions: Bett013

skenda997

TutFlixer
Jan 9, 2021
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You need to build an application that is a most important thing because after all of that knowledge consuming you think you know something but the reality is a bit different.

Try to build e-commerce app if you can do that you can say you know your stack, if dont then you are going to learn thoughout..

First thing is choose your stack and stick with it.
As far as i see you like JavaScript and if that is your way after those things you learned go with NextJS .
Learn css in js(styled-components or tailwind), react query and focus to strengthen your base JavaScript/Node/React/Next knowledge

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kubidik13

Latest resources