[Font] Monolisa.dev

Register & Get access to index
TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor submitted a new resource:

[Font] Monolisa.dev - A font family designed for software developers. Font follows function.

As software developers, we always strive for better tools but rarely consider font as such. Yet we spend most of our days looking at screens reading and writing code. Using a wrong font can negatively impact our productivity and lead to bugs. MonoLisa was designed by professionals to improve developers’ productivity and reduce fatigue.
Read more about this resource...

A

anonxpro

TutFlixer
Oct 24, 2020
tutflix.org
@TPetrisor some ligatures aren't working like
!= and ==
it should be like this
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
you can check on their main site (in the playground)

*** ~~> many others too aren't working

View previous replies…
TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor
Ligatures need to be turned on. The font family just support it, but you have to turn on this feature. On the first page, I put the settings for the font, including the ligatures.

• Love
Reactions: anonxpro
kharidai

kharidai

TutFlixer
Nov 5, 2020
Nepal
Thanks for the update. However, "Template literals" is not resolved in this update?

Reactions: Walter_white
TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor
What do you mean by Template literals ?

View previous replies…
jumael99

jumael99

TutFlixer
Oct 30, 2020
Bangladesh
jumael99
@TPetrisor Thanks a lot TPetrisor. I'll use SPACE( spacebar ), no problem. It's a good suggestion. Don't take any pressure & good luck with your exam.

Reactions: kharidai
Som

Som

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
India
@jumael99 The issue is in regular version, use other like monolisa light in settngs.json . It fill fix the template literal issue.

Som

Som

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
India
TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor
Yes, I noticed, although there is no much improvement.

Reactions: kharidai and Som
View previous replies…
TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor
@Som I kept talking to them and they don't want to investigate or they don't know how to make a replica of the bug, because they don't have this problem, instead I didn't encounter this problem in other compilers, I think there may be some conflict in VS Code. I have to test in several text compilers / editors and on other operating systems, such as MacOS & Linux distributions.

TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor updated [Font] Monolisa.dev with a new update entry:

Version (1.604)

• Horizontal stem of letter f has been lowered in the second and the third master to render better in low pixel sizes
• Minor inconsistencies have been fixed between upright and italic variants
• Positions of dots of letters i and j improved to render better in low pixel size
• The font name shows up correctly under Windows now as MonoLisa instead of MonoLisa Bold
Read the rest of this update entry...

alain.nicolas

alain.nicolas

TutFlixer
Oct 12, 2020
B
Thanks so much!

I still have that annoying issue with the template literals. I'm using VSCode on MacOS.

Please let us know if you find any fix for this. I tried everything (clearing font cache, remove + install again) but nothing seems works.

TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor
I don't know, it seems to have a conflict in some editing software, I test it on IntelliJ IDEA, JetBrains Rider, Visual Studio Community, NotePad++, PhotoShop 2021 & Illustrator 2021 and seems to work.

Reactions: alain.nicolas
View previous replies…
dang3r

dang3r

TutFlixer
Oct 28, 2020
spain
@randy same issue here, backticks are disappearing.

ni554n

ni554n

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
Bangladesh
Why are these variants installing separately rather than installing under one "MonoLisa" family? What is the purpose of having special variants if IDEs can not use them all at once?

TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
TPetrisor
Because some people may not like the thickness of the regular text and would prefer something thinner, or vice versa? I don't quite understand what you want.

View previous replies…
alain.nicolas

alain.nicolas

TutFlixer
Oct 12, 2020
B
alain.nicolas
@ni554n You're right! I've just tested an older version 1.303 that I found and it's under a single font-family.
SURPRISE - no more backticks issues using this version in VSCode (MacOS)...but yeah it's an old one.

T

twotwo

TutFlixer
Apr 7, 2021
Nepal
The font variants are installed as fonts.

As a result, it is harder to use them in IDE. They should all be installed as a single font with multiple variants.

alain.nicolas

alain.nicolas

TutFlixer
Oct 12, 2020
B
alain.nicolas
@TPetrisor sure! Let me know how can I help :)

Reactions: TPetrisor
View previous replies…
alain.nicolas

alain.nicolas

TutFlixer
Oct 12, 2020
B
@TPetrisor @twotwo @ni554n I've managed to fix the issue so the variants will install under one single family. Could you please test and let me know if it works for you? For me it works perfectly on MacOS Big Sur using VSCode.

The font will render now perfectly e.g. for comments. Notice the difference between the regular and italic version -> the letters F-I-K-A

@TPetrisor
If everything works maybe you can update the download link so it will be easier to get the correct version.

Download link -->

(it will contain the MonoLisa font version 1604 and you will have two options in order to install it - either choose MonoLisa.ttc or select all the .ttf files and install)

Last edited:
TPetrisor

TPetrisor

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
/usr/home
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Only 7/14 (50%) of the related styles are available and glyphs no longer work in VS Code.

alain.nicolas

alain.nicolas

TutFlixer
Oct 12, 2020
B
alain.nicolas
@TPetrisor ok :( thanks for checking!

Well in order for the variants to install under the same family I've updated the family name across all the variants.
E.g. MonoLisaItalic to MonoLisa

(I've used FontForge software on Mac for this step but not sure maybe something went wrong when exporting the variants regarding the glyphs).
Hopefully you will find a way to put them togheter in order to work properly.)

Thanks again for the font and effort :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TUTProfessor Rajeeb Mehta - Unlock Typography – A Complete Course on Font Selection [Hindi] Graphic Design 0
TUTProfessor Sean allen - iOS Dev Launchpad Mobile Apps 2
TUTProfessor [Web Dev Simplified] JavaScript Simplified - Advanced Beta Web Development 6
TUTProfessor Front-End Web-Dev Masterclass w/ React and Material-UI Web Development 5
TUTProfessor MEAN Stack Bootcamp 2021 Become Job Ready Dev Web Development 1
TUTProfessor [ui.dev] Tyler Mcginnis - React with TypeScript Other Software 3
TUTProfessor Web mapping and Web-GIS from Dev to Deploy 2021: GeoDjango Web Development 7
T Beginner developers - Would you like a Web Dev Curriculum to follow? General Discussion 17
moaxs Expired Unreal Multiplayer Master: Video Game Dev In C++ Udemy Coupon Zone 3
TUTProfessor [start-react-native.dev] Learn Reanimated 2 Web Development 4
TUTProfessor [start-react-native.dev] Learn React Native Gestures and Animations Web Development 1
TUTProfessor [Ui.dev] TypeScript Mastery Course Web Development 12
CEO Issue: Worker Dev On Old Site General Discussion 3
TUTProfessor ServerlessReact.Dev – Learn How To Build Fast Modern Webapps Web Development 6
TUTProfessor Sean Allen - iOS Dev Job Interview Practice - Take Home Project Interview Prep 16
Bagadurshah UI.DEV - Modern Javascript Web Development 4
Bagadurshah UI.DEV - Advanced Javascript Web Development 8
V [ASK] Software Dev Question General Discussion 6
TUTProfessor Dart and Flutter From Zero to Hero - Practical Dev Bootcamp Mobile Apps 4
Bagadurshah UI.DEV - React Redux Web Development 10
Bagadurshah UI.DEV - React Native Mobile Apps 13
Bagadurshah UI.DEV - React Hooks Web Development 28
Bagadurshah UI.DEV - React Router V5 Web Development 6
Bagadurshah UI.DEV - Learn React Web Development 26