'Coding Ninjas - React.Js or Kent C. Dodds - Epic React'

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

jéét

TutFlixer
Sep 12, 2020
India
Hello friends,
Please suggest which one is better for learn React.js with new Concept.
Coding Ninjas - React.Js or Kent C. Dodds - Epic React

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
Epic react is really good. But imo it's more for someone who already knows react, which is why I think it's not beginner friendly. For example, in the Epic React's - React Hooks module, the speed and complexity at which the instructor introduces new topics (custom react hooks) just makes it an intermediate level course.

On the other hand, Stephen Grider introduces topics at a slower pace but this ensures a beginner has had enough time absorb the material and think it through. One big thing for me is, Epic React gives you the boilerplate/template for each module and you don't get to see how to start a project from scratch. Stephen Grider starts each project from scratch (npx create-react-app my_project) and by learning this one thing in the beginning, you'll know how to start working on your own ideas.

That's why I said, do Grider's course first and then do Epic React.

djdev45

TutFlixer
Sep 7, 2020
India
If you are new to React - go with Stephen Grider's course or the "Complete React Developer in 2021 (w/ Redux, Hooks, GraphQL): Zero to Mastery" course from Andrea Neagoie.

Once you are good with either of these courses... Re-visit Epic React then

Last edited:

mayankupa

TutFlixer
Nov 8, 2020
Ireland
Epic react is great but it's not beginner friendly. If you're good at JavaScript then it won't be much problem but still it could be overwhelming sometimes because he assumes that you're at least good with coding not particularly in react though but in general problem solving. His teaching style is quite different and fast, but he covers the minute details which is very important to be a good at react. As @DevC1337 suggested if you are new to programming then you should go with other two course he mentioned then maybe come back to this course.

Reactions: jéét

Latest resources