Beginner developers - Would you like a Web Dev Curriculum to follow?

General Rules

• This Forum Rules:
    1. No asking for course requests or download links.
    2. Don't share links to other websites for downloads or references.
    3. Avoid controversial topics in discussions.

4. Use an appropriate thread title that matches your content, not just a word.

Other Forum Rules Can Be Found Here

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
I went to one of the top 3 bootcamps in the US in 2019 and have been working in the industry for over a year. I see a lot of courses posted on here, which is good, but just going though the curriculum of some of these courses I feel that us beginners get overly exited about a course only to find out that it's not that good and ultimately end up wasting our time. So, I wanted to ask our community here, would you guys like to see a curriculum of courses that mirrors the curriculum of these top bootcamps and potentially leading to jobs for you guys? The way I intend to do this is provide you course names already available here that are actually good so that you know what to follow and start putting time into doing things rather than looking for good courses.

Please let me know if that's something the community wants and I'll post a guide here in a couple of days.
@TUTProfessor please let me know if I'm allowed to do this.

Cheers!

alakhdar100

TutFlixer
Jan 3, 2021
morocco
yeah, actually i've been in tutorial hell for years now.
i would be very helpful to share with us such insightful info.

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
Could you tell us:
  • What tutorials you have been going through?
  • Where do you feel stuck?
  • Why do you feel stuck?
  • What kinds of personal projects have you done so far? Not projects following a tutorial, but your own creation.

Reactions: jumael99

sup_sip

TutFlixer
Dec 19, 2020
India
that'll be really wonderful if you could share the expertise and resources to cut down unnecessary problems ill definitely be waiting for your guide

Reactions: Meck99

Meck99

TutFlixer
Sep 11, 2020
India
I went to one of the top 3 bootcamps in the US in 2019 and have been working in the industry for over a year. I see a lot of courses posted on here, which is good, but just going though the curriculum of some of these courses I feel that us beginners get overly exited about a course only to find out that it's not that good and ultimately end up wasting our time. So, I wanted to ask our community here, would you guys like to see a curriculum of courses that mirrors the curriculum of these top bootcamps and potentially leading to jobs for you guys? The way I intend to do this is provide you course names already available here that are actually good so that you know what to follow and start putting time into doing things rather than looking for good courses.

Please let me know if that's something the community wants and I'll post a guide here in a couple of days.
@TUTProfessor please let me know if I'm allowed to do this.

Cheers!

that would be really useful

Reactions: jumael99

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
Looks like we have enough people interested in this. I will create a guide and post it here this weekend.

In the meantime, for those who want to start right away,
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. I will post more information in the full guide.

Reactions: shi22dori

Mohit Kacha

TutFlixer
Sep 21, 2020
India
if possible then we can add Learning path Section ( like Pluralsight ) and where users can post their learning path - Web developer path, backend developer path...anyone can add his/her personal favourite learning path.
Ex - Start with course A (beginner ) then Course B (Intermediate) ....

encephalitis

TutFlixer
Nov 4, 2020
india
it's been my 3rd year of finding courses , i've downloaded a hella lot of courses and spent hours and hours most them were bs -_- tbh , all i left now is without broken amples of knowledge
and yeah i haven't made any personal projects any so far ~ but yeah i've made few black hat scripts :p couldn't possibly put it on my resume for sure. So, it'd be really really(i mean it) helpful if you post it sir.
Thank you :D

hacstac

TutFlixer
Dec 29, 2020
india
for any of ( who are in tutorial hell ), Please read the deep work - cal Newport ( it really helps me ) and focus on your learning not collecting the resources ( Pick any one of the courses and try to understand the concepts & Practice along with the tutor, without a tutor, as much as possible ( this is really necessary ). Increase you knowledge space man, not you hard disk space ( it will only create burdon nothing else )

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
Yes that is the key to success. Lots of beginners fall into the trap of the next shiny thing and never actually get to a point where they can do something with the knowledge they have acquired.

+1 on the book recommendation too. I have read it and it's actually pretty good.

twistertune

TutFlixer
Sep 16, 2020
Netherlands
You are welcome. Start with the resources I've provided in that thread for now. Don't worry if that course is good or not (hint it's good) and just do the work. Work hard and you'll succeed.

Last edited:

Latest resources